Warranties and how they apply to the
Heating & cooling systems are rather complex mechanical machines
that contain moving parts. They are also under constant pressure from
the refrigerant inside. A system life varies in our area due to salt laden
air. A system exposed outside may only last 5 to 10 years near a body
of salt water. Good warranty coverage is very important.
Heating and cooling systems are coming with longer standard warranties.
Some cover parts or parts and labor and can last for, ten, twenty years
or longer. Some exclude rust and corrosion. Most don’t provide for
shipping and handling, Freon, Freon recovery, labor, torch solder and
miscellaneous materials. Warranties are no better than the weakest link
in the service chain.
Our intention is to provide you with a general overview so that you may
make a wise informed choice of what to look for in your warranty.
Our experience in processing warranties allows us to have unique understanding.
Some are very good and some are down right poor depending on the manufacture
and or distributor of the equipment,
Things we recommend for you to consider are:
- Is the dealer and equipment manufacture a solid and strong company?
How long have they been in business and are they a name brand.
- Do they make and install a reliable quality system to reduce breakdowns?
- Will the warranty transfer to a new homeowner and will it be supported
should something happen to my installing dealer.
- What do they cover (or what is not covered) and their track record
for providing prompt, reliable repairs and parts for service.
- Are extended parts and labor warranties available for the seacoast?
Will the warranty cover rust and corrosion?
- Is the dealer trained, skilled and has the proper tools to make a
safe and reliable repair?
- Remember you usually get what you pay for applies. Look for lowest
cost of ownership not initial cost.
What is not covered by most manufacturers?
or tripped breakers, overtime, accessories, normal maintenance
air filters, cleaning acts of God, flooding etc.
See specific manufacture warranty information for coverage details.
We do not deal with a middleman or distributor network. This type of solid network
provides a shorter chain for Total Comfort to provide support
with technical expertise and parts should the need arise.